Inhalt des Dokuments
Es gibt keine deutsche Übersetzung dieser Webseite.
Improving the living conditions of the urban poor
Subject-related Partnerships The Housing - Manufacturing - Water (H-M-W) program, born in 2009 as a collaboration initiative between the Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) and six partner universities in Africa, Latin America and India has since its inception, pursued the integration of multidisciplinary knowledge fields into yearly common learning projects and workshops where urban design planers as well as manufacturing and water engineers cooperate in proposing adequate strategies for the achievement of UN’s Millennium Development Goals, especially those referring to the development of sustainable housing areas, supply of drinking water and generation of income sources. Program Goals
- Curriculum and research development at partner Universities.
- Building of networks to scatter existing expertise, knowledge know-how and -furthering of South-South networks.
- Transfer of expertise and adaptation to local conditions.
- Recruiting partners as multipliers in relation to the intercultural understanding.
- Raising the level of sensivity and awareness of German higher education institutions indevelopment relevant issues by planning of future international study programm (TU Berlin and international partners).
- Involving Non Governmental Organizations (NGO's), local politicians and industry during the capacity building process.